DIAGNOSIS TO DESTINY
Diagnosis to Destiny is about chasing and achieving dreams after a cancer diagnosis and we had a brief introduction last week. There will certainly be more to come. I look forward to us getting to know each other. Now, a brief introduction to me.
I’m Melanie – Chief Visionary, Diagnosis to Destiny. I am a daughter, sister, wife, friend, and mother to two wonderful teenagers. I am a triple negative breast cancer survivor, carrier of the BRCA 1 genetic mutation, and a 5th generation cancer patient. Promises I made to myself after my cancer diagnosis:
- I’d redefine my new normal to be anything but normal.
- I’d pursue and achieve all of my deferred dreams, chemo derailed dreams or dreams that I had been too scared to fully imagine. I learned many survival lessons after my diagnosis that are great lessons for chasing and achieving dreams after a cancer diagnosis.
- If this was not my end it would be my new beginning.
- I’d share my lessons and work with other cancer survivors to help them keep their promises to themselves.
These promises paved the way for Diagnosis to Destiny.
I am a professional speaker and writer. I am also a lover of:
- spending time with my family
- the beach
- champagne and champagne flutes
- Christmas and my day after Christmas birthday
My #exercising4mylife campaign focuses on my running. I generally run at least three mornings each week, 10 – 15 miles per week, but most importantly, I enjoy this form of exercise and I understand that exercising contributes to cancer prevention and cancer recurrence prevention. I am a celebrator of life, things big and small. And I’m planting seeds, nourishing them, and looking forward to them blossoming into my many, big dreams. I hope that you will join me. I look forward to getting to know you, too.
Celebrate with us. National Cancer Survivors Day® Celebration – THIS IS MY MOMENT. Free online celebration. Sunday, June 6, 2021 from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time. Registration at https://thisismymomentcancersurvivor.eventbrite.com